Christmas with Kittens!

You might have heard that back in September we had to say goodbye to our 14-year-old "best cat in the world, Fuzzy.  It was really hard to do, he was a member of our family.  I still miss him a lot.  And I knew we'd be getting another cat, I love having one around, especially now that my boys are growing up.  So in October we adopted 2 adorable sisters, Amy and Penny.  Amy is the gray one, and Penny is the gray and white fluffy one.  They are so much fun, although I do admit sometimes I feel like I have toddlers in the house again!





So now it's time to put up the Christmas decorations.  I knew we might have some issues, especially since kittens like to climb.  The tree would probably be in jeopardy, and boy, that was an understatement!  Bob and I managed to anchor it to the windows so the kittens couldn't knock it over.  I don't think we had it up for more than 5 minutes when Amy decided we had given her a huge catnip tree, just for her!  She proceeded to climb it, even as we were trying to put lights on it.  I haven't even put any ornaments up yet, and the treetop star will be put away for this year!  I'll probably get out some unbreakable ornaments, which I'm sure the kittens will think are just an added bonus and a plethora of more cat toys!


Penny does like to climb the tree, (I think Amy eggs her on), but she also thinks it's great fun to just hunker down in the garland.  Needlesss to say, decorating this year has taken a new twist, and I'm just going with it, laughing all the way.  I'm hoping next year they will settle down and not be so interested in the tree, I'm probably dreaming...




1 comment:

Tracy said...

OMG Sue - this reminds me of when we adopted our two younger kitties 2 years ago. Your little sweeties are a-dorable!