Holiday Gifts


Every year our Stampin' Up! groups get together for a holiday party and we have a gift exchange. We have to bring a handmade gift and we need to use SU! product to make it. Over the next few posts, I want to show you the gifts that were at both Mary's party (she is my upline) and at my downline party. These girls are VERY creative!!!

The first one I made, and it was really very easy. It's a card or photo display board. You just slip the cards under the ribbons and they stay. I just took a canvas (the kind you'd paint on) that I got at the craft store and attached the fabric and ribbons to that with a staple gun. First I laid some batting onto the front, then laid that and the canvas on top of the fabric. By the way, the fabric is from the "Flirtatious" set. I stretched it so it was tight, then stapled all the way around. To add the ribbon, I just lined it up, pulled it tight, and stapled. And then I just sewed the Bitty Buttons on by hand with the White Baker's Twine. So easy! I plan to make some more of these, including one for myself!





The gift in the photo above is a beautiful serving tray. I'm guessing it was stamped with Stazon and colored with markers. You'd probably have to seal it with something so the images don't rub off.


This next gift took a long time to make, I am sure of it! I didn't make it, but I think she cut all different widths of designer paper, scored them and then stacked them to make a tree. Hopefully she used the Simply Scored tool to make the job a little easier!



And the last one for today is this beautiful handcrafted picture. Lots of punches were used, and I especially like how the lace ribbon punch was turned into a snowflake.


Stay tuned over the next few post to see the other great gifts!

No comments: