Happy 100th Birthday Grandpa Jack!

Today is my Grandpa's 100th Birthday! He was born on November 25, 1911. He's had quite a remarkable life, living during the Depression, raising 4 children with my grandmother, living in a small town in Minnesota. He still lives on his own in an apartment, his sister lives 2 doors down. He goes a few blocks to the cafe in town to eat everyday, and of course, everyone knows him.





Back in August we had a big birthday party for him with all of his family! His children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren were there to help him celebrate. It was fantastic! And I think it was a good lesson for my kids just how important family is.










We all gathered at the cabin at Birch Lake, in Minnesota. As a kid, my family would come here every summer. That was our vacation. Back then the cabin seemed much larger! It was fun telling my kids about the swing that hung from the tree, and that this was where I learned to water ski, and how we'd go horseback riding. (Grandpa loved horses and had quite few of them out at the lake.) It was even fun for me to go into the boat house and just the smell of that brought back memories.














I am thankful for my easy childhood and thankful that I get to share my memories with my kids!




And very thankful for my 100 year old Grandpa Jack! Happy Birthday! By the way, he's having a big party tomorrow and the whole town is invited - all 200 of them!






1 comment:

June Houck said...

This is fabulous, Sue! Kudos to your Grandpa Jack :)