My Latest Find!

If you've been reading my blog, you know I am on a quest to get my house organized. Okay, that's progressing very slowly. My best excuse is that we've decided to do a small kitchen renovation (new lighting, granite counterop, new sink, faucet and cooktop, new tile floor and backsplash). This has taken way more time than I ever imagined! Not to mention the fact that I have to keep dismantling my kitchen for each bit of progress. And... the amount of dust being manufactured is unbelieveable! I feel like I am just trying to stay ahead of that.





Anyway, I digress. I am also always on a quest to find the quickest and easiest way to clean something. Recently my aunt was telling me about a company called Norwex and their antibacterial microfiber cloths and polishing cloths. She said they clean windows and glass in a flash, with just water and no streaking or left-behind lint. She was going to a home party, so I told her to order me these cloths. Well, she was right!








They are amazing! The microfiber cleans with just water, picks up the dirt like crazy. And the polishing cloth is even better. Dries so fast and without streaks or lint, unlike paper towels. I was sold. Then after reading a little bit more about these cloths, come to find out they are not just your ordinary microfiber cloths. The microfibers in the cloths are about 1/100th the size of a strand of hair, so the absorbency is amazing, way better than the cloths you can buy at the store. But, there's more! They are also antibacterial. Embedded in the cloth is a silver-based agent that inactivates bacteria. So the cloth will pick up 99.94% of the bacteria on a surface, and then the silver will gradually inactivate the bacteria that is in the cloth. All of this is just done with water as the cleaner.





This really interested me, since who doesn't want less chemicals in their house. And then I realized how great this would be to clean my new granite countertops in the kitchen. I won't have to spray any chemicals on the counter to clean them. I can just use the antibac cloth and then wipe dry with the polish cloth. Easy and bacteria-free! And everyone knows you don't want bacteria on your kitchen counter, where you have food and cooking supplies.





Below are before and after pictures of when I cleaned my sliding glass door. Pretty dirty, especially with the sun coming thru.







And below is the after picture. I swear, it took me no more than 5 mintues to clean all 4 panels of the glass door. I wiped down with the wet microfiber cloth, then polished, and the glass was clear! I didn't have to go back over any streaks, and I wasn't chasing away paper towel lint.


And I have to tell you, I love these cloths on my bathroom mirrors too.








Yes, I sound like a commercial, but I really wanted to share this with everyone. Norwex has lots of other environmental-friendly products and I wanted to try a lot of them out. So guess what, I signed up as a consultant so I can get a discount on the products. They are a bit pricey, so that was the easiest way for me to get what I wanted. I have loved everything I've tried so far, and I will occasionally post about some of the other products and let you know how they work.





In the meantime, if you want to learn more about the products or see the catalog, you can go to http://www.suehyer.norwex.biz/ to view the catalog. And because I am really not interested in starting another business, I would love to give everyone a 15% discount on everything you purchase. There is a flat $4.95 S&H fee, no matter what you order, so the discount would be just on the merchandise (not tax and S&H). Feel free to contact me with any questions or if you want to place an order. This is good stuff!






No comments: