Craft Room Tour again...

Let's continue the Craft Room tour! Today I'm going to show you how I've set up my Big Shot and how I store a lot of my embellishments and punches.

I love my IKEA shelves! They are the perfect size, and you can stand them up vertically or horizontally. They work great under the windows. On top of this shelf I keep my Big Shot and my Cricut. It's great having a "countertop" like this because I don't have to keep putting away my tools when I'm not using them. They are always ready to go! Underneath the Big Shot I keep all my dies, embossing folders, etc, etc. The longer dies I just store on their sides and slide them into the shelf. The smaller ones I keep in a plastic shoe box. I like that I can just pull the box out and see what dies I have, since the boxes don't have lids on them. If you look closely at the two bottom right shelves, I have also added hanging baskets. These are perfect to hold the Sizzlits and small alphabet die sets. I found the baskets at Lowes.

On the bottom left shelf I have a slide-out box that I also got at Ikea. They are made specifically for the "Expedit" shelving units. I keep some of my Cricut supplies in this box. On the other shelves I have card samples and other random things that still need more organizing. The good thing is that there is plenty of space and I can move stuff around if I need to.




Next to the Ikea shelf I have a 4-drawer bin that I keep miscellaneous things in, like my scrub pads, plus some leftover supplies from old projects. Next to that is a 4-foot table and this holds a ton of stuff! Starting from the right is my ribbon shelf. I think I got it at Target and was able to find some extra shelves to add to it. I bought baskets at either Michaels or Joanns, and they fit perfectly. I keep all of my ribbon in the baskets and it's really easy to use. I just pull out the basket and find the ribbon I need. This basket system holds more ribbon than anyone should ever need, and I like that I can take the ribbon to the table, sit down, and cut what I need.

Next to the ribbon shelf are drawer bins that I keep my punches and other embellishments in. The bottom drawers hold the punches, since they are heavy, and in the top drawers are brads, buttons, eyelets, etc. In the white bottom drawers on the left side is where I keep my jumbo wheels and cartridges. As you can see, these drawers also hold a lot of stuff! On top of the drawers I have a Color Caddy and that's where I keep my ink pad doubles.

Way back in the corner is another Ikea shelf. It's narrow and tall and works well in this space. I store markers, ink refills, and just a lot of other extra things that need a home. On the very bottom shelves I keep things that I don't use very often, since it's hard to reach down there. I added one of the baskets from Lowes here as well, and that enables me to use the space more wisely.


So don't try to look under the table! I'll show you that next time. That's where I store my 8 1/2 x 11 card stock and I love my system!

See you next time!



No comments: