"Winter Memories" Card

I wanted to show you a card a I made using the stamp set "Winter Memories", which is in the Holiday Mini Catalog, found on page 19.  At first I wasn't going to buy this set because it's all line images, and I don't like to color. (I color like a Kindergartner...) But the ice skates won me over!  And as you can see, the coloring is very minimal, even I could do it.  I cut out the opening thru the top Whisper White sheet of card stock, using the Labels Collection Framelits, then embossed it with the Northern Flurry folder.  Then I stamped the skates thru the cut area, onto a second piece of Whisper White card stock.  I colored with markers and blender pen, and added some glitter.  Before assembling, I sponged the edges with Marina Mist ink.





You can hopefully tell from the sideways view that I attached the bottom piece directly onto the Marina Mist base, then used dimensionals to pop up the top piece.  I made the tag with the "Tiny Tags" set, and punched it out with the jewelry tag punch.  I attached that, plus the ribbon, with glue dots.  I got this idea from a card I had seen somewhere (sorry, don't remember where), and then tweaked it a bit to make it my own. 



Don't forget that the Holiday Mini catalog ends on January 2, 2013.  That is the last day you can order from it, and the "Winter Memories" set is not being carried over.  You can view the mini catalog HERE, on my website.  Just click on "Products" at the top of the page to see all the current catalogs.  You can place an order online as well, by clicking on "Shop Now".  Be sure to check out the Clearance Rack while there, they have put lots of new stuff there and the prices are great!


Happy New Year!!!


No comments: