Printers Tray Project


Hi Everyone!  Are you ready for Christmas?  I've got just a tiny bit of wrapping left, and I've got cut-out sugar cookie dough chilling right now!  I'm going to try making snowflake cookies and then decorate them.  Okay, I know for some of you that's not a big deal, but I am more of a "scoop and bake" kind of girl!  So I'll let you know how it goes...

Anyway, I told you I'd show you the project I did for the gift exchange at my upline, Mary's holiday party.  A few months ago Stampin' Up! had a promotion for demonstrators that recruited new demonstrators.  They could earn these kits that included one of these very trendy printer trays.  It was a Halloween collage, and absolutely adorable!  However, I didn't recruit anyone, so I wasn't eligible for a kit.  But, my dear friend, Deb, did recruit and not only did she get a tray, she was then allowed to purchase some more!  So she very generously let me buy a couple from her, and we even worked on a Halloween one when I went to visit her back in October.  Then we go the idea that we could do inserts for more holidays.  And here's what I came up with...

This is my Halloween tray.  It's a bit different from the one Stampin' Up! designed, just because I didn't have all the right stamps and supplies.  Some of the squares are done with My Digital Studio, and some are stamped, punched, etc.  I also used designer paper.  The cool thing is that each square is mounted on thin cardboard and a magnet sheet is attached to the back.  There is also a magnet sheet attached inside each square of the printer tray, so when you put the squares in, they don't fall out!  Deb is a genius!




Next is the Fall tray.  Once again, I used My Digital Studio plus stamps, etc.  Deb has sent me a different version of this but I had to tweak it a bit since I didn't have the same stamps she did.  But I think it turned out really cute.  I did use some retired designer paper (don't tell anyone!).



And finally, here is my Christmas tray.  I love this one, probably because it's so festive and a bit sparkly!  And I know what you're thinking, "let's do this as a class!"  Well, I can't because I don't have access to these trays!  However, if and when Stampin' Up! does sell them to all demonstrators, I will definitely take it under consideration!  I have seen something similar in the craft stores, but either there are way too many sections and they're too small, or they're all the same size, which takes away a bit of the design element.  We'll see....


I hope you enjoyed this project!  Merry Christmas!


No comments: